Friday, March 30, 2012

Carter's first Soccer Game

This is Carter's first soccer game. I have to say, it didn't really go as planned. We are so proud of Carter and don't care how he plays, we just want him to have fun... but he wasn't having any fun.. You'll see the progression from the pics. Here he is warming up, practicing kicking goals. He was enjoying all that...
He likes to kick!


Then the teams lined up on te center circle and pledged to play kindly. (Carter is one of the smallest, the boy next to him, Caden, he is one of Carter's good friends from church)
Daddy talking to Carter as he tries to run off. Now he is starting to act differently. He isn't sure what's happening.
melt down approaching
full melt down occured. I didn't get a photo, but Carter cried and screamed, so he is on the sidelines just watching. Eventually Chris went out there as coach, which he's not, to help Carter, but Carter just clung to Chris' legs. But he did watch, and enjoy the snacks afterwards with the team. Practice went much better, and i'll let you know how his next game goes. Evey saturday.
I have to say, I am very proud of myself. I made his top fit him. It was huge, and I sewed it.. yup you saw that right. I sewed!!!
my sweet baby Carter is growing up
posing with buba Chase. It was very sunny that day.

Carter did a great job! Practice was much better. Started the same. He just hid behind me, but I just got in line with all the other kids and started to kick the ball toward the goal. Then Carter saw I was doing it and he jumped in and finished. After that he did all the drills with the team. Today he was even in the yard doing the red light, green light drill by himself.

2 comments:

Grandma Knapp said...

That is so sweet. Brings back such wonderful memories watching Chris play soccer, only he was 5 when he started. It's good for them to burn off energy and now he knows the routine I bet Carter will look forward to it.

Shelldell said...

I didn't realize they start so young